Sunday, May 15, 2011

Which Witch?




‘Which Witch?’ Is a glorious book full of imagination and entertainment! My favourite characters were: A witch called Belladonna, Terence Mugg and Arriman the Awful Wizard of the North because they were very loving, caring and nice people and because they do amazing magic like making flowers appear where ever they walk! This book is a story about a contest for Arriman to find the perfect witch to be his wife….a bit like Cinderella but with witches and wizards!

Through most of the contest Arriman moaned and groaned about having to get married until he saw his fiancée Belladonna. I liked this book because there was lots and lots of magic. I also liked it because it was about witches and I like stories about witches!

Which Witch? Was the second book Eva Ibbotson wrote so I thought it would be best for it to be the first Eva Ibbotson book to read and love! Next book will be ‘Journey to Riversea’ as I already have it. Thank you to my friend Lily for lending me Which Witch!

3 comments:

  1. Great review Antonia! I especially liked how you compared it to Cinderella, that shows you understand both stories really well.
    Did you know that Belladonna is a plant that has delicious sweet berries that are poisonous, a symptom of Belladonna poisoning is a complete loss of voice. It makes me wonder if the real witches might have used it to silence people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that does sound like a great story antonia. why did he stop moaning after he saw Belladonna I wonder?? I think I would like the same characters as you! the ones who are loving and caring but do great magic! :) I loved anne of green gables when I was young.. but it didn't have magic in it... have you read that? :) My name is Gina and I have 2 boys a 7yr old and a 4 yr old and I live in NZ and I am a teacher! but I work with older students... :) thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Antonia! My little girls are 4 and 5 and I think from reading your review that they might enjoy this book!


    - Lauren in Brisbane

    ReplyDelete