Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Dark Blue 100-ride bus ticket by Margaret Mahy


This story is about a boy called Carlo and his mum called Jessica they have to save the planet from Dowlers. And they also needed to save the blue bus.


One day Jessica and Carlo went to the supermarket and Carlo found a lady that looked like a Christmas tree and started sniffing her and she stood on Carlos toes. "clumsy me. clumsy Katrina Christmas" she said, then she gave them a dark blue ticket that had silver stars all over it. It was the start to their magical journey.

My favourite parts are when Dominic and Jessica say they will get married and when they fight the dowlers.

I loved this book so much didn't want to put it down.

I liked the characters because they all had something related to me. Pearlie I think looked like me, her dad was an adventurous man and Jessica was very sensitive, all like me. I didn't relate to Carlo though.

I liked Dominic who is Pearlies Dad because he was adventurous like me. I liked his reaction when he saw the exploding porridge. I felt all excited when he heard the exploding porridge explode out of nowhere.

I liked Pearlie because she was a bit bossy at the same time as being exited and happy. I liked her reaction
when she saw the almost parrots. She was like WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I liked Jessica who is Carlos Mum because she was a sensitive lady and she always loved everything. and she was ALWAYS was not sure when Carlo & Pearlie asked if they could fight off the dowlers because she thought they might get hurt.

I did not like Carlo because he was alway just asking "can we go to the the supermarket at the end of the world" and "can i fight the dowlers." This annoyed me.

There were 150 pages but I liked it so much that I didn't even notice. And when I give it back to the library I will soon get it out again. Or I might try a new Margaret Mahy book next!








6 comments:

  1. Great review Antonia, I will keep this one in mind for Xander :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous book review Ant!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a fabulous reader and thats a great book review.....keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Antonia
    I think this is a great book review and you clearly understood the plot very well. I really admire the way you were able to understand who the characters really were as people, for example, that Jessica was sensitive. Being able to understand the character sna drelate to them is what makes reading fun for me, that way I can imagine what it would be like to have a different life.
    Your review makes me want to read this book to Maia who is 4 1/2. Do you think she'd like it?
    Sarina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. um i think she would like it some bit will be a tiny bit scary for example when they had there 1st fight with the dowlers. I am going to be starting the door in the air tonight,that was written by Margaret Mahy too!

    ReplyDelete